What We Do
At Tait & Co, we find innovative solutions that work for you legally and commercially to deal with the issues you face.
Our core mission is to protect your business, your wealth and your loved ones. To achieve this, everything we do for you must accurately reflect your personal and business goals.
Where possible, disputes should be resolved on a commercial basis outside of the court system as that will usually give you the best commercial outcome. However, where this is not possible, we have over 35 years’ experience in representing business owners, executives and employees in the court system.
We provide prompt, efficient and professional legal advice to help you handle your affairs as quickly and accurately as possible. We research practical solutions for you, whilst paying attention to the finer details of complex matters that may often be stressful for you.
You can be assured we will always seek outcomes that have your best interests at heart. Where possible, we strive for outcomes that bring significant benefits and savings for you.
Our legal services
Our services benefit both new and established businesses, assisting them in the following areas:
- Commercial and Business Law: We provide legal advice and services that help you commence, build and sell your business. This can include setting up your business structure, negotiating contracts and agreements and assisting with mergers or acquisitions. We can help you navigate these processes to assist you to achieve your business goals.
- Dispute Resolution: Whether it is a dispute with a supplier or customer, a dispute regarding intellectual property or a dispute between business owners, we can help you resolve your matters quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Trade Marks and Intellectual Property Law: We guide you through the complex process of commercialising and protecting your intellectual property including trade mark registrations and copyright protection.
- Employment Law: We help employers and employees understand and comply with employment law and maintain good employer-employee relationships. We help with all employment matters such as preparing employment contracts and policies, advice on entitlements, negotiations and dispute resolution.
- Wills and Estate Planning: We recommend that everyone gets a will and a power of attorney professionally drawn up. This is particularly important for business owners to ensure your business can continue in the event of your death and your assets are transferred to your beneficiaries without any issues.
Your best interests are our focus. We understand the importance of getting the best commercial outcome for you. Our emphasis is to give you valuable guidance that can help you avoid future legal issues. This low-risk path is usually the lowest cost route by a long way and provides a sense of security as it is designed to protect you against business risks, anxiety and future crises.
We also put in the extra thought and effort to help you manage costs by assisting you in prioritising the things that you can do right now and what you can do later. If you are already facing a legal problem, we take a practical approach to deal with the situation in a cost-effective way.
Contact us for a practical but thorough appraisal of your situation to achieve the best solution in the circumstances.