Employers and employees from all industries regularly call on Tait & Co for employment law advice and expertise in preparing contracts, negotiation, litigation, and HR policies and procedures. That is because we have extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of Australian employment law and consistently achieve positive outcomes for our clients.
Employment law services for employers
Our employment lawyers in Perth work with employers to help create workplaces with transparent policies and procedures, so that employees know what they can and cannot do and what is expected of them, and prevent unnecessary uncertainty, conflict and litigation and consequent financial losses.
We provide proactive legal advice on a full range of employment law matters. Here are some of the ways our employment lawyers can assist your business:
- Ensure employee contracts, entitlements and policies and procedures comply with the law.
- Prepare all types of employment contracts including senior management contracts, consultancy agreements and separation agreements.
- Prepare confidentiality, non-solicitation and non-compete agreements.
- Advise on hiring and dismissing employees, contractors, interns and volunteers.
- Advise on disciplining, performance management, and termination.
- Advise on and devise practical solutions for all employment law issues.
- Help you enforce your rights and determine how far to take matters.
- Represent you before the Fair Work Commission, the Industrial Relations Commission, and the courts.
- Help prevent future claims and damages against you and your business.
- Provide strategic insights to reach a commercially sound settlement while preserving brand reputation.
- Advise on employment issues during a merger, acquisition or restructure.
Our aim is to understand your workplace and the employment issues that your industry often faces. This way, we can help you maintain positive relationships with your employees and explore sensible and cost-effective solutions that work for your business.
If you feel that your employment processes may need some improvement, or you are facing a claim against your business, then seek legal advice before the matter escalates. Contact our employment lawyers to find out how we can support you and your business.
Employment law services for employees
Whatever your situation or concern, our employment lawyers in Perth can help you understand your rights as an employee and the legal options available to you. When necessary, we also represent you before the Fair Work Commission, the Industrial Relations Commission, and the courts.
We advise employees on a full range of employment law matters, including:
- Changes to employment law and how the law affects you.
- Contract reviews, negotiation and termination.
- Your rights to entitlements such as maternity and paternity leave.
- Unfair or wrongful dismissal and unreasonable employment conditions.
- Workplace rights, discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- Confidentiality, non-solicitation and non-compete agreements.
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Remuneration, including commissions, bonuses, employee share schemes, redundancy and retirement packages.
- Compensation and settlement arrangements.
The complex Australian employment law is continually changing, making it hard for employees to keep up. If you have a concern and would like to explore your options, please seek legal advice to ensure your rights are protected and that any compensation you are offered is fair. Contact us today to find out how we can assist.