While disputes may be a part of doing business, we do not believe that they should be allowed to distract you from running your business and damage your business or personal relationships.
Tait & Co has made it our priority to help you find solutions through alternative dispute resolution, so we can help resolve business disputes in a timely, commercially sensible and cost-effective way. This is the best way to quickly get back to focusing on your business.
How we help with dispute resolution
Here are some of the ways we can help you resolve your disputes:
- Advise you on the best way to move forward with a dispute.
- Help keep a dispute out of court and avoid litigation altogether whenever possible (through negotiation, mediation and alternative dispute resolution).
- Protect you from potential claims that could harm your business or reputation.
- Help you assess and manage your risks to minimise the potential for future disputes.
- Resolve disputes through the most favourable commercial solution that avoids financial losses, ensures asset protection and preserves your reputation.
- Provide practical advice and risk analysis for your business.
- Conduct negotiations and mediation to arrive at a commercially sound settlement.
- Develop smart strategies to resolve disputes in accordance with your objectives.
We have recently assisted business owners and management teams with:
- Bankruptcies and liquidations.
- Cases where businesses failed to comply with the law or contractual terms.
- Cases where differences arose because businesses failed to document their agreements.
- Claims against directors for insolvent trading.
- Claims by liquidators for preferential payments.
- Claims based on misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Contractual disputes with suppliers and customers.
- Disputes relating to wills and deceased estates.
- Disputes with employees and contractors.
- Intellectual property disputes.
- Leasing disputes between landlords and tenants.
- Shareholder and partnership disputes.
When a dispute arises, there is a lot at stake for you and your business. If the matter escalates, it could have serious consequences that would not only affect your business, but also your family and personal assets.
Our legal expertise can make a difference. Contact us today should you need assistance.