While disputes may be a risk of doing business, we do not believe that they should be allowed to distract you from running your business and damage your business or personal relationships.
Tait & Co has made it our priority to assist clients find solutions through alternative dispute resolution, so we can help resolve business disputes in a timely, commercially sensible and cost-effective way. This is the best way to quickly get back to focusing on your business.
How we help with dispute resolution
Here are some of the ways we can help you resolve your disputes:
- Help you assess and manage your risks to minimise the potential for future disputes.
- Develop smart strategies to resolve disputes in accordance with your objectives.
- Help keep a dispute out of court and avoid litigation altogether whenever possible (through negotiation, mediation and alternative dispute resolution).
- Resolve disputes through the most favourable commercial solution that avoids financial losses, ensures asset protection and preserves your reputation.
We have recently assisted clients with:
- Cases where businesses failed to comply with the law or contractual terms.
- Cases where differences arose because businesses failed to document their agreements.
- Claims against directors for insolvent trading.
- Claims by liquidators for preferential payments.
- Claims based on misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Contractual disputes with suppliers and customers.
- Disputes relating to wills and deceased estates.
- Disputes with employees and contractors.
- Disputes with former employees.
- Restraint of trade/non-compete disputes.
- Trade mark disputes.
- Leasing disputes between landlords and tenants.
- Shareholder and partnership disputes.
When a dispute arises, there is a lot at stake for you, your business and/or your family. If the dispute escalates, it could have serious consequences that may not only affect your business, but also your family and personal assets.
Our legal expertise can make a difference. Contact us should you need assistance.