Employers and employees from various industries consult with Tait & Co for employment law advice and assistance in preparing contracts, negotiations, resolving disputes, and employment/HR policies and procedures.
Employment law services for employers
We work with employers to help create workplaces with transparent policies and procedures, so that employees know what they can and cannot do and what is expected of them, and prevent unnecessary uncertainty, disputes and litigation and consequent financial losses.
We provide proactive legal advice on a full range of employment law matters. Here are some of the ways we can assist your business:
- Ensure employment contracts, entitlements and policies and procedures comply with the law.
- Prepare all types of employment contracts including senior management contracts, consultancy agreements and separation agreements.
- Prepare confidentiality, non-solicitation, restraint and non-compete agreements.
- Advise on hiring and dismissing employees, consultants, and contractors.
- Advise on disciplining, performance management, and termination.
- Advise on and devise practical solutions for all employment law issues.
- Represent you in any employment disputes that may arise.
- Help prevent future claims and damages against you and your business.
- Advise on employment issues during a merger, acquisition or restructure.
- Advise on stand down of employees as a result of Covid-19 or otherwise.
Our aim is to understand your business and the employment issues that your business faces. This way, we can help you maintain positive relationships with your employees and explore sensible and cost-effective solutions that work for your business.
If you feel that your employment processes may need some improvement, or you are facing a claim against your business, contact us to find out how we can assist you and your business.
Employment law services for employees
Whatever your situation or concern, we can help you understand your rights as an employee and the legal options available to you. When necessary, we can represent you in any employment disputes that may arise.
We advise employees on a full range of employment law matters, including:
- Changes to employment law and how the law affects you.
- Contract reviews, negotiation and termination.
- Your rights to entitlements such as maternity and paternity leave.
- Unfair or wrongful dismissal and unreasonable employment conditions.
- Workplace rights, discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- Confidentiality, non-solicitation, restraint and non-compete agreements.
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Remuneration, including commissions, bonuses, employee share schemes, redundancy and retirement packages.
- Compensation and settlement arrangements.
Australian employment law is continually changing, making it hard for employees to keep up. If you have a concern and would like advice on your legal position, please contact us to find out how we can assist.