Although trade marks and intellectual property are valuable assets for any new or established business, in many cases these are not sufficiently recognised, documented, or protected. We can help you take stock and then protect and manage your trade marks and intellectual property, so that you are in the best position to prevent others from using these assets without your consent.
How we help protect your intellectual property
Tait & Co has extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of trade mark and intellectual property law. Here are some of the ways we can help you:
- Conduct intellectual property audits, so you know what you own or are purchasing.
- Advise on the best methods for registering and protecting your trade marks and intellectual property.
- Ensure your agreements contain appropriate clauses to protect your trade marks and intellectual property.
- Prepare agreements including confidentiality agreements, and technology and licensing agreements.
- Assist with commercialisation of intellectual property.
- Implement and maintain intellectual property compliance programs.
- Help you protect and enforce your trade mark and intellectual property rights against third parties.
- Provide strategic insights to reach commercially sound settlements of any trade mark and intellectual property disputes.
- Respond to intellectual property claims against you and your business.
- Help prevent future infringement claims against you and your business.
- Review your advertising and branding to ensure compliance with the law.
What we have found over the years is that businesses do not always recognise the intellectual property that they own and therefore do not take the necessary steps to protect this IP. This can lead to competitors and/or former employees misappropriating the intellectual property of a business.
We are able to take the necessary steps to minimise the risk of this occurring in the first place, and resolve any issues that may arise. Please Contact us should you require our assistance.