The core mission of Tait & Co is to ensure that everything we do for you accurately reflects your personal and business goals as well as protects your business, your wealth and your loved ones. We are enthusiastic about finding new and at times unconventional ways to support you as you navigate through the Australian legal system and the issues that you face.
We believe that, where possible, disputes should be resolved on a commercial basis outside of the court system as that will usually give you the optimum outcome. However, where this is not possible, we have over 20 years’ experience in representing business owners, executives and employees in various courts, including the Magistrates Court of Western Australia, the District Court of Western Australia, the Supreme Court of Western Australia, the State Administrative Tribunal of Western Australia, the Federal Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
We provide prompt, efficient and professional legal advice to help you handle your affairs as quickly and accurately as possible. We conduct extensive research to find the best practical solution for your matter while paying attention to the finer details even for the most complex and stressful court matters. We seek outcomes that have your best interests at heart and that result in significant benefits and savings for you.
Our legal services
Our services benefit both new and established businesses, assisting them in the following areas:
- Commercial and Business Law: We provide all legal advice and services that help you launch, build and sell your business, such as setting up its structure, negotiating contracts and agreements and assisting with mergers or acquisitions. We can help you navigate these processes, so your business succeeds.
- Dispute Resolution: Whether it is a dispute regarding intellectual property or a dispute between business owners, we help you resolve your matters quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Intellectual Property and Competition and Trade Practices Law: We guide you through the complex process of auditing, commercialising and protecting your intellectual property including trade marks and copyright and complying with trade practices law.
- Employment Law: We help employers and employees understand and comply with employment law and maintain a good employer-employee relationship. We help with all employment matters such as entitlements, negotiations and dispute resolution.
- Wills and Estate Planning: We recommend that everyone gets a will and a power of attorney professionally written up. Business owners even more so to ensure your business is looked after and your assets are transferred to your beneficiaries without any issues.
We understand the importance of always being focused on your best interests and getting the best commercial outcome for you. Our emphasis is to give you valuable guidance that can help you avoid future legal issues. This low-risk path is usually the lowest cost route by a long way and provides a sense of security as it is designed to protect you against business risks, anxiety and future crises.
We also put in the extra thought and effort to help you manage costs by assisting you in prioritising the things that you can do right now and what you can do later. If you are already facing a legal problem, we take a practical approach to deal with the situation in a cost-effective way to ensure that you get the result you seek.
Contact us today for an honest appraisal of your situation before it escalates.